Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I just have to say........

Thank you for all the wonderful comments on my girls on the book pages but I feel guilty accepting all the compliments about it being original :( They are not original. Well, they're 'my' artwork I guess, but the surface idea didn't come from my brain.

If you'll page back 2-3 days you'll see my first one and I mentioned that I was inspired by Milliande. She's done some beautiful works on text and I just wanted to try it also. I encourage you all to try it! It's so carefree and fun because what's the worst that can happen? If you mess up, you crumple it, toss it and grab the next page out of the book of 400! No expensive canvases to intimidate, just paper :) I love that part of it!!

Ok, again, I'm so grateful to all the nice comments but I didn't want anyone thinking I was taking credit for something I didn't deserve here .

3 comments:

Michelle said...

They are still gorgeous, no matter where the inspiration came from.

But kudos to you for saying so!

Unknown said...

oh smooch !!!
everything is origianl to the person who does it- i could do a whole post on original though ( becasue mainly i dont beleive in ti) but yes, good for you for repointing out your source of inspiration......
Lisa x

Art by Darla Kay said...

you two are just wonderful! I'm comin' to Australia! ♥