Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Angel Annie

I've been working on this one for a couple of nights so it's still a work in progress. This is a larger canvas (16 x 20)
I can't decide if I should stop or do more. She has tons of texture. The background is little squares of bible pages adhered to the canvas, then painted. I then added gauze and more paint. Then I antiqued it a bit. I think that's the hardest part for me......knowing when to quit! Or~ quitting too soon, sealing it and THEN thinking of something I should have done!

3 comments:

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Darla! Angel Annie is beautiful! I love her wings and the background is perfect. I do know how you feel about when to stop though. You just want to keep on going. Have fun!

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)

Unknown said...

i never know when to stop either....she is beautiful darla- you certainly connect into something special when you work xxx

We Blog Artists said...

She's beautiful...and there's a great balance there...so hard!

Oh, but on a little change of subject...I tagged you...it's a fun one, maybe it'll give you a break from painting to help you decide!
http://weblogartists.blogspot.com/2009/02/we-were-tagged.html