Friday, November 19, 2010

It's a slippery slope


When I'm good.....I'm very good, but when I don't care it's downright dangerous!

I spent most of the year totally focused on getting healthy, losing weight and changing my thinking on food. It was simple! Eat healthy, make good choices and move my bod. I lost 25 lbs and then we got busy with harvest here at work and I opted to quit my membership at the Y until things settled down again. BAD MOVE! For the past 2 months I've been basically inactive and eating pretty much whatever I crave :( For some reason I feel if I'm not giving 100% I shouldn't give it anything? I am the queen of self-sabotage!

For example: flavored coffee creamers! When it gets cold outside, I love nothing more than to have a nice, hot cup of coffee and if creamer is added, well......it's pure heaven for me. It just takes the edge off of winter and tells it to 'back off!'. But if I put a little creamer in every cup I have, it really adds up during the day. NOT GOOD! I know better, yet I make this poor choice.

I need to get back on track before I regain it all :( Believe me, I've done this over and over in my life and would once...........JUST ONCE........like to learn to live without being obsessed with this issue.

With the holidays coming, it will be hard but I can do this! :)

Wishing you all a great weekend!
Darla

p.s. This is a journal page where I used water soluble crayons and watercolor pencils, acrylics, fabric (dragon flies), graphite and ink. Oh, and there's a cute little metal embellishment that says 'HOPE' but it's impossible to read ;)


13 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

I can't see the photo of your journal page but knowing your work I am sure it is gorgeous Darla!
I am also addicted to flavored creamers, hazelnut is my poison of choice! I lost 22 pounds in 2 months and I have kept it off but being diabetic I need to lose 20 more pounds and giving up the creamer is being a HUGE obstacle.
Is there an "Creamer Anonymous" group out there?
Keep trying Darla and never give up, that's my motto!
Tina xo

Micki Wilde said...

Ahhh don't even talk to me about weight issues I am currently 3 stone (42 pounds) over the weight I should be, I just love food waaaaay too much and exercise waaaay to little!! surely doing a half hour dog walk should allow me to eat a whole pack of biscuits and cake too!!? ;) lol

I love your painting Darla, the colours are superb!!

Micki x

Terri Smith said...

Loved this post Darla! You have such a great sense of humor! I too am addicted to flavored creamer! :)) Just to keep them..I forego a few calories in other areas..but sista they'll have to pry these creamers out of my cold, dead hand before I give them up! Ha ha ha ha

Hey..I truly loved your journal piece. Your work makes me smile..and your humor takes me the rest of the way! Have a Great Weekend! Hugs of Georgia Sunshine, Terri

Unknown said...

It's always those things you don't even think about that end up being the most calorific, and usually they're the stuff that tastes nicest as well! Have you thought of trying those flavour syrups for in your coffee? (Like the ones they have at Starbucks) I think they do sugarfree ones.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Darla,
Another gorgeous soft creative piece of art coming from your studio!

Oh yeah, you should get back on the wagon before the festive season is here. Have you tried Chromium?
This is a vitamin from the chemist that stops sugar and carb cravings and keeps your blood sugar levels even throughout the day.
Could be worth a try to stay away from those yummy coffees! lol
Enjoy your weeekend,
Hugs,
Anna

Lori Allberry said...

Darla, Darla, Darla, every single day your art grows and grows and grows!!!!! It is just amazing!!!
I'm so sorry you are feeling as if you are falling out of what you have worked into with exercise and eating right, but Darla . . . . Never fear - you are still so far ahead of where you were! Do NOT give up girl!
Just make healthier choices up until next Thursday and exercise when you can!!!

♥Lori

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Love this journal page Darla! It's gorgeous. I know what you mean... when things get busy my eating habits are not great and forget making time to workout. I really need to work on that!

Poetic Artist said...

Always enjoy your creative work.
Weight, be strong..I have faith you can do it..Do not go down that aisle in the grocery...Stay on the outside..That is where they keep the healthy things.....Well most of the time..LOL...

Rona Gregory said...

Hi Darla! I'm really good I don't like creamer in my coffee, or sugar...but the biscuits? Oh I cannot leave them alone! Never mind mind hun!

Love your journal page too

Ro xx

Cathy Bueti said...

Darla she is so beautiful! I love this one too! The eyes are great....love what you did with them!

Thanks for sharing with us....so many of us can relate to that struggle! Glad you were able to get it out through your journal page!

:)

Createology said...

This is a wonderful journal page and very special. Your honesty and special message to self is a great way to recognize behavior. I too fight the weight issues. This has been my year to focus on my health too. Some weeks I am so thankful for a mere minus 2 tenths of a pound. Then I eat too much chocolate or bread or ??? and it becomes a whopping plus on the scale. I think I should journal my issues and keep them in front of me. Be kind to yourself and keep painting your beautiful self.

rachel awes said...

if my meals were your art//
the colors & feeling & love in it..
i would be a shining picture
of health.
xoxox

Anonymous said...

love the drawing! :)
and I realize this post was a long time ago but we all go through our ups and downs. I've also made changes last year and lost 20 pounds doing it. Then I took the whole month of December off. Not good. Then I got back on track in January and now I'm off again in February. Things will change when the weather gets better. :) And hey, if its something as small as cream in your coffee that makes your day, go for it and make yourself happy! (then try to go for a brisk walk at lunch tee)
:)