Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2


Still needs work! The hair is freakin' me out a little, want it to look soft and layered with color, yet still very blonde...I will work on that tonight. Also need to shade her dress and add more depth to her skin tone. I'm thinking of adding touches of lavender and oh yes, eyebrows! I think I'll put a light coat of matte sealer on first so if I muck it up too bad, I can fix it more easily.

The dress she is wearing in the photo is red sequined ....I'm contemplating using mica flakes or glitter on the dress but there is a huge part of me saying...DON'T DO IT! What say you?

Also........the black background~ does it need something? Is it too blah? Would some tiny twinkly stars work or should I leave it? Ultimately, I'll leave that decision up to the customer, but I would love to know your opinion. Any and all opinions are welcome :)



*******ELECTION DAY*********
(Just a subtle reminder to my fellow Americans to go vote)

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Darla

9 comments:

Silke Powers said...

You know, Darla, I really like it in it's simplicity. Of course, I am a texture junkie, but I also find that sometimes less is more and I don't know if that glitter or mica wouldn't detract from her gorgeous face! She's beautiful!! Love, Silke

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Darla, I really like the black background. I can't wait to see her hair...blond hair is such a challenge for me. I like the idea of a glittery dress, but maybe it would take the attention away from her face, she is glorious!
Xo

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

She is so lovely, she reminds me of my youngest daughter ;-) First of all, I love her eyebrows ... You know, real blondes often have very light eyebrows too, and I like the subtle look. Dress, nope, I would say no glitters, maybe a little bit of pattern in a nearly similar color red? And the background is beautiful, maybe some varieties of black, very dark blue, very dark violet ... O well, what am I rambling, I couldn't make a painting like this if I wanted too LOL Great job !

Rona Gregory said...

Darla, she's looking fab! Ummm sequins? Not sure how this would work but that stuff Kelly used on her fairy (bead gel or something) could you use that? with some iridescent red mixed in to give shimmer? As i say I'm full of bright ideas just don't know the technical stuff to do it but I'm sure kelly would!! Background maybe keep fairly simple if your doing sparkly dress or it may be too much??

Does that help? xxxx

Unknown said...

I think her hair looks great!

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh I really like this one Darla! I would have a bit of sparkle on the dress, the black background looks fabulous. Go gently on the rest as I think her overall appearance is so retro and beautiful....very Garbo!
I'm thinking you may have a fabulous series for the holidays here!!
Tina xo

Martha Lever said...

She is fabulous, Darla. I love her hair. It is soft and simple but if you want to try some shades, you can always paint over it of you don't like it. I say go for it with the mica bling. I also like the background just black. Wonderful!!!

Createology said...

I think she is very special. It is fun to see this piece come to life. Your artistic eye will do the perfect balance of color and bling and blond hair. Happy painting...

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

She's lovely in her simplicity! I can see what you mean about her hair..soft and flowing while still being blond would be hard to achieve(!)..but if anyone can do it...YOU CAN!