Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I adore Erma Bombeck




I admire (and miss) Ms. Erma! She was so wise and shared so much but with a lovely and unique sense of humor!

One of my favorites is this one:
"When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say 'I used everything you gave me'!"

Here are a few more of her precious gems:

“When your mother asks, "Do you want a piece of advice?" it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway.”

“It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.”

“I haven't trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour. I've never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex.”

“In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.”

“Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.”

Oh my, there are so many! You can see for yourself here!



Thank you Erma.....









8 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

This is a wonderful piece and I love the words..The words are so true..She had a way with words.
Have a good day.
Katelen

Unknown said...

You have such a lovely style. I particularly love the one with the book papers as the base. Love the texture it reveals. Best wishes! J

Lori Allberry said...

Oh Darla, Erma was a wonderful lady!
I love this post and that painting! Oh my goodness, the painting, it is just GORGEOUS! Now I know what you were doing last night! ;o)

♥Lori

Createology said...

Darla this is a wonderful tribute painting to Erma Bombeck. I too love her wit and talent and this saying is perfect. Happy creating...

Cathy Bueti said...

Darla this painting is beautiful! And so are the words! Thanks for sharing those quotes! Love them! :)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I so agree..she was a wonder! We all have lost a good funny and beautiful friend..

Speaking of beautiful..you did it again! Lovely painting!!

Serena Lewis said...

She certainly did have a way with words...what a lovely way to honour her, Darla. Your painting is beautiful!

rachel awes said...

darla, i would say you are
living this quote beautifully.
xox