Monday, November 1, 2010

Commissioned Work in Progress


I'm painting a whimsical 'couture' girl as a special request. I almost didn't post this because she is SO far from completion but thought I would anyway :)
She will have a black background with 'C O U T U R E' spelled out on top. I was going to originally do the lettering in a dark fuchsia pink to match one of the color swatches the customer sent but there are many more colors to choose from too that we can incorporate here so we'll see what happens.

This is a 24 x 24 x 1.5 canvas.

12 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

LOVE her! Can't wait to see her finished! xo Michele

Diane said...

Loving her look!!

Unknown said...

oh Darla!!! so far she is amazing....I can only imagine her when she is all complete....you always create magic!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Createology said...

This is looking fabulous! How fun to do a commissioned piece. Happy painting...

Sonja said...

Love her already :) She will be fab.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Whoa Darla,
She's hot with her blonde hair and red dress!
Hugs,
Anna

Manon said...

She's awesome already!! Glad you posted her!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

She's pretty - I want to see her finished as well :-)

Diana said...

Love it! Glad you posted her. Looking forward to the finish.

Rona Gregory said...

This is looking great! She's a real cutie!

Ro xx

GRAÇA said...

He went on the internet when I discovered your blog
I really enjoyed of your things.
Do me a visit, to know me!
Ronrons the kitty
Kika

Ch said...

All I can say is OMG! It's beautiful Darla. I cannot offer any suggestions as it is absolutely perfect.

Cherry

p.s. Caitlyn asked if that is what she is going to look like when she gets older! :-)