Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cassidy is still on my mind


I did this last night on a 9 x 12 piece of watercolor paper.
I found it and many other quotes she had listed on her facebook page. You'll have to click on the photo to enlarge it enough to read the wording. If you missed the post regarding Cassidy, you can read about it here

You can visit a page dedicated to her also.


Did I tell you I thought my computer at home crashed last Thursday night? I thought it did and I thought I lost EVERYTHING!! I headed to Best Buy and got myself a new one! A LAPTOP!
I'm so excited to be able to take it and sit in a comfy chair in my living room and visit blogs, write emails, etc. Of course, I've been too busy and haven't done this yet, but I will!!

On Saturday I cleaned the office really well and was going over the old system accessories and was trying to decide what I should keep (monitor, processor) and what I could toss (mouse, keyboard, etc.) I noticed there was QUITE a bit of dust built up in the fans of the processor so I gave it one good vacuuming, said a little prayer and plugged it in. VOILA! It came on! I'm so excited that I didn't lose 5 years worth of photos! I'm still happy to have a new computer and I will definitely get a backup system in place in case this should ever happen for real. It did once and I should have known better :)

Have a Happy Hump Day!! It will soon be Friday :)
Darla



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a truly sad sad story...My heart sank when I read about Cassidy....why do children do that to other children....why ??? I get really upset when I hear about this bullying stuff...and the fact that this poor girl felt she had no way out....my heart is broken......

this is a wonderful tribute piece....bless your heart

Mary said...

It makes me so sad how unloving people can be to others, young and old, different than us. there was depth to this young girl, you can see it in her quotes.

this piece is beautiful Darla!!

Janine said...

What a beautiful memorial to such a tragic loss! As a teenager I myself thought constantly about suicide. I wasn't really bullied and I did some bullying myself I am not proud of it but now I understand why I did it. I was hurting so much inside that striking out at someone that I felt was better than me or had a happy home life was the reason. Or if they seemed confident. I was in such a dark place from puberty into my twenties. I was also bullied mostly by my mother! She was kinder to strangers and our house pets! Oh well she didn't really know any better. I think art saved me it still saves me. I wish there was a way to end this bullying and suicide!

Btw, Darla, I visited your Etsy...I love your work and those wonderful bright colors!

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

I've lost two computers (and many pictures) in the past year and a half. After losing pictures on the first computer...I got myself a zipdrive...uploaded all my 'important stuff' onto it...now I'm having a 'never ending Sale' trying to work up the funds to purchase a new laptop..since I'm working on a loaner.
Good to know that you didn't actually lose anything.