Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Les Petite Chef!


No, I'm not taking Suzi's class, I'm just painting on small canvases! :)I ordered some 6 x6 canvases from Dick Blick last week. I love them! By the way, they have a special on shipping right now and some great fall sales! Check them out.


I woke up at 4:15 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep so I'm heading off to bed now. I've got such a busy few days ahead. I don't know when I'll get my lawn mowed or any of the other things on my to-do list. Some weeks are just so busy! I really wish I was wealthy and could pay people to do all the chores and I could just play, play, play!
But as the saying goes, 'If wishes and buts were candy and nuts~we'd ALL have a wonderful Christmas' :)

Have a great night,
Darla♥

8 comments:

Nicola said...

Very cute painting! I really like how you've done the stripes down the sides it's something different. I've been working on a canvas and was thinking about trying something new with my edges as normally I just carry on the painting round the sides you have now inspired me to try something new! Great work as always Darla! Hope you caught up on your sleep!
:0).......

Micki Wilde said...

So cute!!

Micki x

Anonymous said...

She's lovely Darla, love the colours, so soft and dreamy.

Mary said...

My step mother had a different saying about wishes!! "You can fill one hand with wishes, and the other hand with s...and see which one gets filled the fastest!! Yep, a little crude, but it got the point across!!!! lol

Love the painting!!

Unknown said...

oh my heavens Darla!!! this is the cutest painting ever!!! and so me...hehehehe


I love this cute baker!!!

Hugs
Diana

Unknown said...

Hi Darla!!! I was trying to buy this painting but I can't because you don't ship to Canada!!! can you???

Art by Darla Kay said...

Diana...thank you! I just wrote to you through Etsy convos :)

Serena Lewis said...

Beautiful painting, Darla! I love working on the 6"x6" canvas pieces too....cute size.

I really need to get out and mow my lawn too ~ :(