Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A thank you and Journal pg 12 update

Good morning!

Carrie from Cottage Cozy sent me the sweetest gift!

These are wonderful Thanksgiving gift bags for giving out holiday goodies and a sheet of stickers too! How sweet is she??????? She's a wonderful person, please visit her blog and see for yourself♥ THANK YOU CARRIE!

Ok, so I recently purchased this print on Etsy from The Mincing Mockingbird!

It's titled 'It is folly to assume my awesome lies dormant'
I totally love his birds but the titles and phrases he puts with them take them up to a whole new level! They're great! If you visit him, I bet you WILL heart him :)

So I kind of 'borrowed' his quote for my journal girl. I changed one word but yeah, it's his wonderful quote for sure! I just felt it fit her so well :)


My eye appointment went well. Very nice clinic that I hadn't visited before but will definitely return to. My eyes have gotten a little worse, but I knew that. Now to pick out glasses. I don't like that part very much.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Darla

12 comments:

Lynda said...

You're welcome :) I put the link to your blog in the side bar of my blog under "Awesome blogs". Have a good day!

Silke Powers said...

Perfect, perfect, perfect! I LOVE that quote and it goes wonderfully with your journal page. You are so good at doing the lettering!! Hugs, Silke

Renee said...

Darla I love Carrie, she is so awesome.

The painting(s) look great.

oxoxo

MagicMarkingsArt said...

What a great quote indeed! ~ and two delightful paintings.
Wishing you clear eye sight - and a cute pair of glasses.

Gina Lee Kim said...

I did heart Mincing Mockingbird! Thank you :) I just love your work. Have a great day.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wow! Love your journal gal and the little fat birdie...sooo cute! The quote is perfect and I may "borrow" it as well :-)

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hey Darla,
I could come glass shopping with you and give my opinion-if only I lived closer.
I'm sure they'll look great.
Hugs,
Anna

Micki Wilde said...

OOh i've loved the mincing mockingbird for ages now, beautiful paintings and wonderful titles!!
Your journal girl looks fab!!

Micki x

Heather said...

ah! that sweet little fat birdie--- I LOVE him! you really have a talent for our tweety friends. Go with it girl!

Art by Darla Kay said...

Oh Heather, I wish that was my bird! It's just a print I bought but he paints the cutest birds doesn't he?

Thank you all for your great comments!

Giovanna said...

What a lovely post!
I love the quote and your paintings are great!
Xoxo
Giovanna
❉ ✿ ✿ ❉
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Yasmin said...

super beautiful me journal art... I like this technique a lot.
and I was also happy for you to receive such beautiful gift... I will visit your friend's blog to know also.
xoxo
yasmin