Thursday, November 19, 2009

Some fun with glitter! Journal pg.13


I had fun with glitter, some new pastels, stickers, rub-ons and my parallel calligraphy pen!


It was just a fun girly-girl page for me :)

My friend posted this on facebook and I thought the funny part was going to be that it's a song about Potato Salad but nooooooooooooooo. I present to you, The Ross Sisters! You have to watch past 45 seconds.......you WILL tilt your head and go 'huh'? Guaranteed :)


28 years ago today my mother passed away :( I remember the weekend prior she was SO looking forward to Thursday's episode of Knot's Landing so she could see if Sid (Michelle Lee character's hubby) would survive. He did not. I always found it ironic that he died on tv the same night my Mom did. Rest in peace sweet Mother-o-mine!♥

15 comments:

Carrie Joy Byrnes said...

Hi there! Thanks for coming by the blog the other day. I love your work - great! I really enjoyed hopping around the blog. See you soon!

Carrie

Charlie said...

Absolutely love this page! And you so are right about the video teehee!
I'm enjoying looking around your blog.
Hugs,
Charlie

Renee said...

Rest in peace sweet mother of sweet Darla.

xoxox

Manon said...

Hey Darla!!

Thanks for stopping by today!! I love your work... I will be back!!

Kelly Lish said...

Your painting is just beautiful Darla-I need to step out and do something different. Love it!

Lori Allberry said...

Darlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, you KNOW how much I LOVE your girl - she has glitter - how could I not? I mean, I would anyway - but then you add glitter to her and she is BEYOND AWESOME! =)

I'll be thinking of you today - I know how much you miss your Mom!!! =(

Love,
L

Jasmine said...

Your painting is very beautiful. I love the colours you have used.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Wow ~ What an awesome video - love it!! And love all the Blogs that you members of Inspiration Avenue have created! You go Girls!

Debbie said...

Awesome painting and I especially love the colors you used! You were right about the video...I did go huh?? I'll be thinking of you today as you remember your mother. hugs.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love the words you decided on for this piece... it is beautiful!! Praying for you today!

Nicola said...

Wow that video is amazing!!! It had me scratching my head heheheh. Loving this page. Your use of colour and tone for this one is beautiful! Loving the words too!! xx

lee said...

love your journal page, I never use glitter on my pages, I might give it a try, yours looks great. That video is a hot, pretzels are they , god if I ever got my leg over my head, and that would never happen, I think I would be stuck like that forever.

Tara said...

Lovely!

I know you miss your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Hugs.

Janny said...

Gorgeous pages!

Anonymous said...

Darla, you find the best video's ever. Two of my girls are trying to do some of their moves and it is so funny, bless them! One can mange the crab, but no crawl, he, he, he!
These sisters are amazing, better than anything I seen this era.
Thank you so much for sharing, we have had fun in our house through it.

All the best!

Julie