Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Calendar, a swap and Mary


I was contacted recently to participate in a 12-month collaborative folk art calendar! I'm July!
It's on Etsy, just click on the image if you'd like to read more about it :)


I participated in another ATC Swap over at Willowing & Friends for the month of November. This month's cards could be one of our choosing and another to represent Veteran's Day or Remembrance day. I was stumped! When I think of Veterans, I think of the American Flag and my card was going to Canada :) I had to think of something else. Hope this works.





I also painted up a 5 x 7 piece last night. I'm not too thrilled with it, but it is what it is. The image came out of the background and I just went with it.

Sorry it's blurry, but it says 'Mary, did you know?'

Thank you all for the wonderful and supportive comments yesterday on the memory box and for VernaAnn's parents. It is MUCH appreciated♥

Darla

10 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, Darla, the calendar is great! The ATC's are lovely and I really LOOOOOOVE your Mary, she's just wonderful!!!!
Lots of love, Sanda xx

Quilt Works said...

Congratulations, July! Great month to be!

The veterans day cards is beautiful! Lovely colors!

Luthien Thye said...

hey darla :)
wow!! you work is on a calender!! i've always secretly wanted to be on one :)) well .. not me, my work ... but i dun think the stuff i make are too calender friendly :(

anyhow... i love your mary!! love the way her face is shaped within the scarf and the lovely details you put on the scarf. and of course, that expression is just priceless!

Micki Wilde said...

OOh the calendar is very exciting news, i'm going to have a better look in a bit, and July is a great month, one of my favourites ;)

I love the bunny ATC, I opted out of this swap as I couldn't think of anything for the remembrance!

You should see how crazy my pulled art pieces are lately, i'll be putting one of them up in my Flickr later today, they are full of silly little creatures, nothing pretty or nice like yours lol

Micki x

Renee said...

all wonderful Darla and the remembrance for Canada is excellent.

xoxo

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Oh my goodness... you are one busy girl!! I LOVE your Mary painting! :)

pinkglitterfae said...

Congrats on the calendar, that is wonderful!

Your veteran's day ATC is lovely! I am sure they will love it.
Great job on Mary! and I like the bunny too. Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves, I think it turned out great!

KeKe said...

Hello Ms. July,

Your Mary painting is wonderful!!

Giovanna said...

This is great! I love it!! Congratulations :)
xoxo
Giovanna
❉ ✿ ✿ ❉
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Serena Lewis said...

Congratulations on being selected for the calendar, Darla!

Your art pieces are all wonderful!