Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's a beautiful, sunny day

It's so absolutely gorgeous outside today and here I sit at my desk. I wish I had something fun to go do, but it's pointless to take a vacation day without a plan. I hate to waste them :)

I took a night off from painting last night. I've got my 'roots' girl to finish, I've got a canvas with clouds to finish from my Gagnon class and I've also got a larger canvas ready with molding paste to do something abstract-ish with. But for some reason last night, I wasn't motivated to do any of them. I ALMOST baked something but couldn't muster up the enthusiasm to carry that out either.

Maybe some days we just need to do nothing so we can regroup and be wonderful again the next day. ha!

I have to share this picture with you. I do the books for the woman who owns this boat:

Last Saturday her 2 sons and 8 others were in this boat, just pulling away from shore when it backfired. This boat has an inboard motor so they lifted up the hatch and sprayed it with the fire extinguisher. That made it worse! I didn't know this either, but you are supposed to shake fire extinguishers from time to time (every couple of months) and get them recharged annually. Luckily all 10 kids were able to jump off and nobody was hurt. Scary.

Then...........this week at work we had the fire department, ambulance and police out here. One of our men was moving a long conveyor with our forklift. He should have lowered the conveyor but didn't and hit the electrical wires. He didn't know he was touching them until he went to get off the forklift and got electrocuted and slammed into the ground. The voltage was MORE than enough to kill him, but it didn't. Thank God. Then 2 others come over and start trying to move the conveyor away from the electrical lines with wooden boards. Again, they could have been killed but weren't.

I'd say the angels have been hovering over our little area this week. Thank you angels!♥

5 comments:

Renee said...

The angels have been hovering but things happen in threes, so keep your eyes open.

I was just looking at your etsy and the eyes you did on your banner are gorgeous.

xoxox

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I am having one of those "feel like doing nothing days"... oohh a vacation sounds so nice! With all those people on the boat, thank God nobody was hurt... how scary! And the poor man electricuted... thank God he survived that!!

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Darla,
Oh, what a scary week you've had.
I'd be a bit frazzled and unmotivated as well.
Thank goodness no one has died over those serious accidents.
Have a good weekend,
Chill lady.
Hugs,
Anna

Michelle Eaton said...

Gosh! I am so happy to hear that nobody was hurt in these accidents. I always thank my Angels in times like these also.

Jennifer Williams said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad to hear no one was hurt seriously in either accident. Someone has definitely been on the lookout.