Friday, June 12, 2009

Hope this doesn't offend anyone, but......


Geez! This is what I've had to look at now for 3 days outside my office window. Everytime I go to the copier machine, there it is, in all it's vandalistic glory! You won't be truly insulted until you click on it to enlarge, so if you don't like the 'F-bomb' do NOT enlarge.

I've been feeling lazy and 'fat' lately and this railcar has been a constant reminder that I need to get my rear in gear :) I've seen some really amazing artwork pull into this bean plant over the years. I used to have some pictures but I can't seem to locate them. Some of these naughty little vandals are actually amazing artists! I wish they could find a better outlet for their talent.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Grand Forks Art Fest. I hope to find many beautiful things to inspire me! I can hardly wait. It's supposed to be sunny and 78 degrees. Perfect!!

Wishing you all a happy and fun weekend! I hope there are no railcars that pull into your life and call you names! LOL

Darla

7 comments:

Silke Powers said...

78 degrees?!? That sounds so wonderful. It was 80 here this morning before the sun every came out... Have fun at the art fest. I hope you'll share whatever inspired you there! :) Silke

Serena Lewis said...

I've been feeling like I need to get my rear into gear lately too and lose that dress size that I put on since December. :( That's what I get for giving up my vegan diet...I'm walking proof that dairy is full of fat. lol

I think it's neat that you have a collection of pics similar to this one....maybe you will share more when you find them? I agree that some graffiti artists are very talented but also wish they would use their creativity in better ways. Mind you, better railway cars than another artist's work. I was so saddened the other day when we went to our local library only to see that the beautiful mural on the outside library wall had graffiti tags/signatures all over it. I always thought they respected another artist's work but I guess times are changing there too. I'm sure the artist who painted the mural would feel quite hurt to see their work defaced like that.

Enjoy the Art Festival!

Jennifer Williams said...

Wow! Sounds like perfect weather for a festival.

I'd be upset if that was what I looked at for days on end too. It such a shame there aren't more places available for those kids to use as outlets for their artwork. So many of them are truly talented!

Mary said...

Not a great uplifting message, but I love graffiti.

Have a wonderful time at the art fest. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Blessings!

Renee said...

Nice......

xoxoxoxo

Raven said...

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so if you've been feeling like you "need to get yer rear in gear" then this is your sign to start NOW and stop procrastinating! :)

And, I love graffiti too...but artistic graffiti and on more appropriate mediums.

Best of luck getting things going!
xxx

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I hate graffiti - I have the "graffiti hot line" number on my speed dial so that when O walk the pups, I can call it in right away. Do they realize (or care) what this is costing the taxpayers in removal fees? Grrr!