Thursday, June 18, 2009

Award Thank yous and a party to attend!


I'd like to thank Jennifer at Studio JRU for presenting me with this sweet award!! It's the 'Love-ya' award! How sweet is that????? Please stop by her blog for true inspiration. She has talent beyond beautiful!

The "Love Ya" Award states: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.

Rules of this award are:

Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to other bloggers who must choose to pass it on and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award!

I'd like to pass this award onto:

Adriana at Adri's Art her artwork is adorable!
Shonna at Twisted Figures some of the cutest painting ever!
Renee at Circling My Head I know she has tons of awards but I'm giving her another. She touches so many!
K*Smith at Ida's Sketchbook Her work is so unique and fun!
Utah Grammie at Main Street Memories - Seriously, she makes me giggle with her words! FUN!
Nicola at Nicola Toms: Illustrations - She makes some beautiful art and she's so sweet!

Please stop by and see their beautiful blogs!


I'd also like to thank Nicola of Nicola Toms Illustrations and Julie-Ann of Heavenleigh Art for awarding me with this 'Most Wonderful Favorite' award!



This award also states:
These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.
I'd like to share this award with all of you :) Is that lazy? I'm sorry. But I have so many favorites, it's really hard to pick. You probably know you're a favorite if I've posted almost daily on your blog, so please SNAP THIS UP! It's yours!! I give it to you with an open heart ♥


I'm heading to a birthday party tonight. It's kind of a surprise. A classmate of mine is in town and she turns 50 this coming Sunday. She married a former pro golfer 2 years ago (Tom Weiskopf) but I'm not sure if he's in town with her. He probably would rather stay away from this small village of sometime idiots :)
See, when I went to their casual wedding reception a couple of summers ago, someone had the nerve to bring a few golf balls for him to autograph.......at his own wedding reception! You might think this was a small child? No! It was a retired physician slash wanna-be pro golfer. It was embarrassing, I couldn't believe it. The new groom had just wandered in to greet Laurie's family and friends and then.........STALKER DOC speaks!

Yeah, I'm sure he'll avoid visiting here unless it's necessary. LOL

Have a great day/evening!
Darla










3 comments:

Renee said...

I love the award. Bring it to Mama.

That story is hillarious and he is probably the one in town that thinks he has all the class.

xoxoxo

Silke Powers said...

Congrats on your awards - well deserved! :) And have fun at the birthday party - sounds like a lot of fun!! Hugs, Silke

Nicola said...

Awww thanks Darla!!! Have fun at your party tonight!! Loved the story very funny!!