Sunday, September 20, 2009

Billy Joel's "River of Dreams"

I love this song and couldn't help but think of it when painting this one :)
Below are just a few of the lyrics.

In the middle of the night

I go walking in my sleep

From the mountains of faith

To a river so deep

I must be looking for something

Something sacred I lost

But the river is wide

And it's too hard to cross

And even though I know the river is wide

I walk down every evening and I stand on the shore

And try to cross to the opposite side

So I can finally find out what I've been looking for

5 comments:

America Alcala said...

Such a beautiful painting for such a beautiful poem!:)

Micki Wilde said...

Great words and loving the oval canvas too ;)

Micki x

Unknown said...

oh I have that song in my head now!!! wonderful piece Darla!!!

Hugs
Diana

Lori Allberry said...

I don't know the song Darla, but I sure want to hear it after seeing your painting and reading the words!!!! How beautiful!!!! :o)
I'm so glad you got some painting in!!! :o)
♥ Lori

Vicki/Jake said...

Remember the song well...
Great painting too!