Monday, July 13, 2009

A little color added to previous sketches



Added some color to a previous watercolor sketch.



Added some color also to my blue journal girl that I sketched on my lunch break :)

I bought myself a watercolor tray so I can sit in my living room and watch tv and casually paint. I love it! I don't have all the access to my regular materials in my craft room, so it forces me to try create a look with what I have at hand. All I have is my tray of assorted colors and 2 brushes and a jar of water. I WILL have to get myself downstairs soon and paint something for real I suppose!

G'night
Darla♥

6 comments:

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Darla,
I've tagged your blog with an award.
Please see my blog for details.
Hugs,
Anna

Julie-ann said...

Your water colour art is awesome.
Will you be going the water colour way? They show so much personality .
All your art does, amazing how you show deep with their souls.
Thank you for writing about the Illustration Friday web site. Full of wonderful art.
Have a great day Darla, your art is inspiring!

Renee said...

Amazing Darla, watercolours are so pretty aren't they?

Love Renee xoxo

A Dancing Mango said...

Hi Darla,
Thank you for visiting.. even though I have been in class with Monica, I need to take time to answer my blog.
your recent works are wonderful.. esp.. the ROOTS GIRL! lol.. what a hoot!
Hugs, DArlene xo

Serena said...

nice work! i particularly like the one with the pigtails....love the brighter colours ~ :)

Nicola said...

Brilliant idea!! And I LOVE the first lady especially. Her eyes are gorgeous and the colours so vibrant!