Hello everyone! Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated my blog, but it's been a long week. Dealing with a few areas in my life that need some attention at the moment :)
As I mentioned previously, I'm taking Sharon Tomlinson's class and here is my first project at this current stage. I believe we'll be doing more shading, etc. tomorrow.
The first step was to cover an old canvas with paper. She gives a really good tip about using the inside of security envelopes! There really are some cool designs in those bills and bank statements! I NEVER noticed that until now :)
Next was to sketch out a face on paper. I have my paper folded here over the canvas to line it up when transferring the design.
I just did a quick wash of different colors that I thought would match with the napkins I have on hand that I'll adhere in a bit. I also didn't have a laser printout of an old house so I printed an image onto inkject transparency film and tried putting it on the canvas that way. Not so great....but this is practice I guess :)
The face is coming in. I took this class because I want to learn to be more loose with my strokes and not so tight with definite lines. It's VERY hard for me to let things be and not putz with them more and more!
More color added
Napkin flowers added
More shading and hair!
Tried to add a butterfly on the neck with transparency film and it was awful.......so, another flower!
Hoping you are all having a wonderful and creative weekend!