Thursday, September 30, 2010

Donation and a journal page


I've been asked to donate an item to be used as a door prize in two separate upcoming fundraisers, both for breast cancer. A few local gals here are trying to raise money for the Susan G. Komen 60 miles/3 day walk for a cure. Here's the first one. I thought I'd do a little Kelly Rae Roberts inspired mixed media piece. It's loaded with texture and is on a 10 x 10 canvas. The words say:
'He is with me! How can I be afraid?'



Yesterday I had a bad day.........felt like some in my life were trying to push me to the edge. I got a little down, ok~ a LOT down as I sketched her out and painted her. I felt so much better after a good nights sleep :) Tonight I added strips of previously colored watercolor paper and gave her a new attitude. GAME ON! Bring it on. I can handle it.


Wishing you all victories in your struggles, big and small♥

8 comments:

Jeannette said...

They are both so beautiful and as always inspiring.My uncle died in May of cancer and it was so beyond sad.The saddest part is that he tried so hard to live but it wasn't meant to be.

Don't worry about other people they do not matter.What matters is you and how you feel and how your Art makes you feel.You send such a beautiful message with your Art.I know it cheers me up when I'm feeling blue.

Diane said...

Both great pieces--and good for you--taking on those negative times and using your art to help you!

Anonymous said...

Darla, I love your attitude! I am going to take a leaf out of your book and say 'Game On' for the stuff I have had to cope with lately. Love the expression on her face as well - gracefully fortified.

And I love the painting you have donated - how beautiful and I hope they raise a great amount xx

PS I have started a new blog so come and visit :o) (in my profile)

Cathy Bueti said...

Darla these are both so great! I especially like the second one....she is rockin that purple hair!! Love it!!

Glad you are feeling better and that your art helped! :)

Unknown said...

Great paintings and a great way to deal with issues!

Kelly Berkey said...

game on! what a good night's sleep and some painting won't cure? i've had two nights of hardly any sleep (lovely menopause) and this gal is tired!

i hope you join our challenge this week. i'm always so amazed at how much you paint and how good you are at it! oh, i have to watch your video too!
xoxo have a great weekend!

Createology said...

How wonderful for you to generously donate your artwork to support breast cancer. I think it will be wonderfully successful.

Diana said...

Both are beautiful pieces. What a lovely donation they will be. Sometimes a simple good night's rest is all we need. Love your work.