Monday, April 6, 2009

My weekend and a Work in Progress

I had a fun weekend and I hope you all did too! Saturday was my 'princess' day and I got my nails done and a new do. I almost cancelled both appointments because I was a little tired and my zip was zapped after Friday night :) Dale & I are on a trivia team and we play every friday night. Drinking wine before going and bulldogs when we got there sure didn't make me any more intelligent, I know that much! I had fun though!

Sunday I went to a local play that my daughter in law and granddaughter were in. That was fun! It was called Nights on Broadway and my hat is off to ALL who can get up there and sing in front of people! That's something I could never do. Maybe if I had an ounce of singing talent I'd try, but nope. At this point it just isn't going to happen.


I tried something this weekend that was very fun! I made magnets out of some prints of my artwork. I adhered them to wooden shapes and then topped them with Diamond Glaze and glued a magnet to the back. I think they'll make great little 'extras' for gifts.



I'm also working on a 10 x 20 angel on canvas. I need to work on her more, I'm not happy with the lack of contrast in the background color and her wings but will show you where I'm at right now. The wings and sides are made with bible pages.

Wishing you a fabulous week! I do finally believe SPRING is on it's way here! Yeah!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful darla- jsut wonderful- the magnets are a great gift ideaxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful wall of art. Loving your creations.
Thank you for leaving a lovely comment, sorry it as taken a while for me to answer. I can tell you have been enjoying your art, they are awesome!

ButterCup said...

Awwww, I like the magnet idea! very pretty.

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

Your magnets are absolutelly MAGIC. They look beautiful displayed all together, what a great idea - :)