Sunday, February 5, 2012

My thoughts tonight

As much as I LOVE the internet and all the WONDERFUL things it has brought into my life (including YOU), I think it’s gotten into my head and has stirred up a

wee bit-o-trouble!

 

  Between Facebook and Pinterest………

perfection

It’s kind of made me think I need to be perfect or at least try to be.    With a click of a button I can see others, all over the world who appear to handle it all so much better than I can!

             perfection6

I see people committed to getting physically fit and I’m inspired by their transformation and dedication and wonder why I can’t quite get there myself.  I try, but I get side-tracked and quite easily I might add. Smile

 

Why can’t I find the time???

perfection2  Ok, I could MAKE the time, I know that. 

 

But I’d also like to find more time to paint!  So many out there are creating, sharing, teaching, holding contests, making videos and hosting giveaways and I struggle to just keep a touch of freshness in my etsy shop!

perfection11

I see beautiful photos that people have shared of their homes.  Why do their homes seem so perfect and ….spotless?  Then I look around and think I should spend more time cleaning and organizing my humble abode! 

perfection7

People share how fabulous the latest best seller was that they just finished.  I used to read.  Not a lot, but when I did, I really did enjoy it!  I miss sitting down with a good book.  I feel I should be reading more.

 

perfect8

I should be walking my dog……every day.  On top of the guilt I feel with everything else, he gives me these looks when I slack in HIS department.

saddog

There’s also the cooking and baking!  I LOVE that too, but now that the kids are grown and on their own, I just don’t cook like I used to.  When I see all the wonderful recipes and photos, I just wish I could find time for that too!  But for now, I’ll just enjoy the many ‘how-to’ videos on youtube!  They are fabulous, by the way!!  Check some of them out!

chef

While I’m at work, I’m all pumped and excited with huge plans of all I’ll accomplish once I get home, but as the day goes on…I… fizzle… out.

perfection4

And finally… aren’t we all supposed to find time to pamper ourselves too?  I mean, that’s important too, right?  Yeah, well that rarely happens here!

perfection9

There are SO many things I want to try, so many things I want to do better, but there comes a time when I need to just sit back, relax and slow down a bit.

I’m going to try very hard to learn to accept what and who I am.

Accept what I can do.

Realize and appreciate that I am doing just fine where I am at this time. 

Accept that I can NOT do it all and more importantly, I don’t have to!perfection13

I will learn to accept that I am just fine as is. 

I’m not perfect and thank GOD for that!  Nobody likes being around perfection anyway!

ha!

perfection10

16 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

if only there was enough time in the day to do all those things, I know I never find the time for half of it!!!
My home is most definately not spotless.....or maybe it is under the inch of dust ;o)
As for cooking....well if it can't be done in 30/45 mins it's not going to happen.

I think there might be time to do some of it but then we wouldn't be able to look at pretty pictures on the internet of other people doing it lol ;o)

X

Gollywobbles said...

I swear you just described me! you are NOT alone! LOL!

Jennibellie said...

Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yeah & yep!! Soooooooooo feeling every bit of this right now...but one thing you can do my dear is put it all in a much better articulated blog post than I ever could :) thanks for sharing, ad making us realise we're not alone!

pinkglitterfae said...

lol! this made me smile, oh, if only we had many more hours in a day, we could accomplish more, but sometimes it's nice to do nothing. Of course, then the house stays a mess, and the painting doesn't get finished, and the dishes stay in the sink, on and on.
Ah well, glad to hear I'm not the only one wondering how 'they' seem to do it better :-D

Magic Love Crow said...

My friend, you are you and that's the best you that you can be! I wouldn't want you any other way! Believe me, just because someone does yoga everyday, doesn't mean their house is clean, or if someone has a gorgeous garden, doesn't mean, there is fresh bread baking in the oven. As long as you are happy, that's the main thing! Don't compare yourself to anyone else! An oak tree doesn't want to be a spruce tree, you know what I mean ;o) LOL! Big Hugs ;o)

UpAndAwayStudio said...

Oh Darla you make me smile and your paintings make me happy.When you see those picture perfect rooms. It's because they cleaned them up to take the picture.

I have myself on a strict schedule or I would never get any of my stuff done.If my hubby or my 6 kids throw a wrench in it then I'm lost for the whole day.

The most extraordinary thing about being human is our uniqueness.We strive to be as good as we think others are.Believe me others have their struggles as well.

Life is so short and we try so hard to live it that we actually forget to just be happy.

UpAndAwayStudio said...

Sorry for the double comment was trying to put a link in here for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

Art by Darla Kay said...

Thank you all! I'm so glad you can relate and I'm not alone :) I didn't even go into the guilt I feel about family and how I should be spending more time there! haha Oh boy, the list is endless I think? Up and Away, thanks for the youtube link. That made me smile! I always liked that one! :)

Happy Mama (Lisa Gonzalez) said...

Thanks for posting this :) I totally feel this way sometimes. I read a quote that says something like "Comparison is the thief of joy" or something close to that. I agree. I'm trying hard to not compare myself to others and to realize that I'm great just the way I am!

xoxo

Stephanie said...

I think we must be related, lol, cause I am EXACTLY the same. Seriously, as I was reading this I was thinking..."wow, that's me". It's awful how it feels like there is never enough time in the day. Since I started "arting", my book reading has gone down the tubes, my house is never clean (especially with 3 kids and a husband around, lol), organization has gone out the window, and I too have great plans everyday, thinking "when I get home from work I am going to ________", and of course it never gets done. And exercising? Hit or miss, lol. So you are definitely not alone in how you feel!

Yasmin said...

Acceptance.
My dear, thank you for making me feel welcome in your space.
when you says that thanks the people who met on the network.
Believe me, that although from time to time get away from Siber space, I always remember my dear friends.
and you are part of this group.
Do not worry about looking perfect.
Why you're perfect in the eyes of God and loved by him.
In the videos and photos in the lives of others others seems perfect.
but that is just looks.
is easy to make pretty pictures. just mount a beautiful setting.
What not to say that their lives are perfect and harmonious as the photos and videos make it seem.
Nobody lives a world of magazine pictures all the time. behind the scene there's always something to always be improved.
What matters is that you do your best.
xoxo
yasmin

PiaRom said...

I really enjoy your post and it feels as you are my soulmate in the "we want three hours more per day"-Club ;-)

Giovanna said...

You're not alone! Love your post :)
xoxo
Giovanna
Boho Market Blog

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

oh my..you have accomplished sooo much more in your artwork than I EVER have with mine..you are MY role model!

As far as Pinterest..I consider it my magazine subscription..I look..I like..I "save" clippings..and..someday I may even try some of the ideas..but until then..I "collect" and that's OK..

It's not how "they" do it, see it, make time for it..that's their deal..our own way is THE way..we will improve what needs to be when it needs to be..and we will trust in th e process..hang in there sweetie, I'm right there with you.

XXOO

Alexandra MacVean said...

I'm with you. There's so much more I'd like to do and could make time but I find it hard to motivate myself...or maybe it's more likely the lack of confidence lately? Not sure.

I don't know much about Pinterest, so I couldn't even provide a fair opinion between it or FB.

:)

Donna said...

This was EXACTLY the message I needed to hear this morning! Thank you!