Saturday, November 26, 2011

A special order

002

My son’s girlfriend has a very special relationship with her grandmother and wanted to give her a painting for Christmas.  My first attempt, actually my first 2 attempts made me so frustrated so I switched to trying a watercolor and I like it much better Smile 

Quote: A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher and a little bit best friend.

 

I also painted a friendship painting this morning. I love this quote: Friendship isn’t about who you have known the longest…it’s about who came, and never left your side’

007

006

I also painted up a couple of paintings for another order.  She only cared for one Sad smile so I’ll show you that one Smile

002

This one’s on 8 x 10 canvas.  The little girl plays the piano…oh, that’s probably pretty obvious? haha 

Anyway, after all my orders are done I think I’ll back away from special orders for awhile, if not forever.  It’s much too stressful on me.  I enjoy just painting whatever comes to mind so much more than trying to create something that someone else has in their mind, ya know?  Make sense? 

Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!  Time to hit the shower!  I get busy painting and forget the day is moving right along.  ha!

11 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

Thay are all wonderful Darla, I can't imagine anyone not liking Your work :(
I am with you on the custom order thing, it just gets too stressful trying to work to someone else's imagination, I stopped doing them a while ago and feel much better for it :)

X

Micki Wilde said...

I'm only keeping The collector of dreams out of this week's lot.
Broken dreams is in my etsy shop hun :o)

And I do totally get where you are coming from, it is so much easier to work without any ideas or demands thrown in to the mix.

Jeannette said...

Oh Darla they are all so lovely I can imagine someone not liking what you have done.

I do commissions but only for my creature dolls.Even then it takes alot of emails back and forth to get the colors right.Since I work without a pattern it can be difficult.

Do what you feel is right for you.

Serena Lewis said...

I love them all, Darla! I like the idea of how you did the piano keys on the last one. I truly love your art so find it hard to imagine anyone not caring for a particular piece. Don't let it deflate your spirits though....you are a fabulous artist, girl!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hello my special friend ;o) I've been having problems with posting again, so I don't know if you have got my other comments? First, I can't believe someone didn't like your art? Are they nuts!!! I would buy all your art if I could! Special orders are hard. I have been lucky with the ones I have done. Although, I don't like doing them either! I love the new paintings you have just created. I am waiting for you to sell the others ;o) Wink! LOL! Big Hugs!

Rona Gregory said...

Awesome as usual Darla xx

Lori Allberry said...

Darla, these are all just FABULOUS!!!! I have more to say, and want to text you, but am afraid it is too late to text you.
That first painting - oh my goodness, it BLOWS me away! And the friendship picture is ADORABLE and I LOVE the quote!!!
The piano girl is AWESOME - I know I would love to see the other painting, and I'm sure these other gals here, would as well!

Hang in there sweetie - you and I will get all these 'special order' things figured out! ;o)

XOXOXO
♥Lori

Unknown said...

that is the sweetest gift for a Grandmother....what a wonderful keepsake....and you did an amazing job!!!!

Nicola said...

Hi Darla, loving your new pieces what a sweet gift! The girl with the piano keys is fantastic I love it!!! And I just had a look through your previous posts! Your 'Drippy' girls are brilliant! Very inspiring indeed I would like to try this idea too and free myself a little! Nice work :0) xoxoxo

Janine said...

Love these!

TriLov said...

Wow! You continue to amaze me!