Monday, December 6, 2010

Polymer clay just isn't my 'thang'


These are sad, huh?


I think I may just have to leave the cute polymer clay ornaments to the pros like my good, sweet friend Lori Allberry of Sugarberry Sensations! She's so awesome her designs are on huge posters in Michaels!

See? THIS is cute! She's amazing!!




But......I tried. I made 11 of these little dudes for this years gifts to all the grandchildren. I have 3, Dale has 7 and another one in the 'oven' ♥ They won't care what an amateur I am (I hope!) haha!

I've been busy trying to get some special orders wrapped up. I also picked up all my items from the gallery art sale that didn't sell. Basically, I picked up all but ONE item :) I will work on listing them on Etsy in the next few days. I put 2 up today and will hopefully get the rest up soon.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!

9 comments:

Createology said...

Darla never compare your creativity. Your little snowman dudes are adorable. They will be memories for eternity. Happy Holly Jolly...

Lori Allberry said...

Darla, Darla, Darla, THANK YOU for your INCREDIBLY SWEET compliments!
Gosh, I just can't tell you how much it means to me, but Darla, I am honestly telling you - keep at it, I mean it!
I think your snowmen are AWESOME! Please, do not give up Darla!

And I like I told you, the kids will treasure those ornaments forever!

Love,
L

Beadcomber said...

I can only repeat what the other two said...adorable and awesome. I don't think you should give clay up so easily!! Maybe you should see the items I made when I first started to clay, lol.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh yea..you could buy them anyting ans they would remember it for , like, a minute..but to have something their Grandma made them? Now, that's special! And yes, don't give up..what if we gave up when trying to walk the first time..yes, we slipped and fell, liiked awkward..but we kept at it and got better and better, why I'd bet you walk all over the place by now, right?? Besides, your snowmen are too too cute!
You are sooo talented in everything you do..this is just the beginning :-)

Serena Lewis said...

Don't sell yourself short, Darla...I think your little snowmen are cute as buttons!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I think your little snowmen are adorable. You are not supposed to create like anyone else. In fact, I've always felt when something is handmade, it absolutely does not have to be perfect in any way. But then, who determines what is perfect? The fact that you tried something different. The fact that you made them yourself. That's what makes them special. And they are so very cute. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

Micki Wilde said...

lol Darla you should see my attempts with clay, if it doesn't come with a push mold I can't do it, plus I hate how dring clay is for my hands, I used some air drying clay the other day to make christmas tags for presents and my hands are wrecked!!

Your snowmen are fabulous, better by far than anything I can do with clay ;)

Micki x

WrightStuff said...

Hey they are not so bad!! You made them for your loved ones, that's the important thing! I must admit that polymer clay definitely looks easier than it is. I had a try too one year and it was something of a disaster!

Cathy Bueti said...

Darla these are great! So cute! And the kids will love and treasure them!! Keep at it!

And I love the new items you listed in your etsy shop! :)