Friday, December 31, 2010

I made a doll :)


It's New Year's Eve and we're waiting on Blizzard #2 to arrive. Yesterday was pretty awful, not a lot of snow, but horrible winds and icy roads. There was a 100 car pile up about an hour or so south of our area. Luckily nobody was hurt too badly!
So today I'm playing. Dale most likely won't venture into town so I will bring in the new year most likely like I did last year. Sawin' logs! haha zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Just can't seem to stay up very late when it's just me here, but that's ok!
I've been a little slack in the 'healthy lifestyle' department and hope to also get back on track with that in the new year. My son and I are going to try the Paleo solution diet. Have you heard of it? It's basically lean meats, fruits, veggies, nuts.......no grains, pasta, beans or SUGAR! My goal is to try it for AT LEAST 30 days to see just how much better I can feel. I'm tired of being tired and sluggish, suffering from bloating and heartburn too. And the holidays did NOT help :)
Anyway, as 2010 ends here tonight, I will have coffee and some homemade Irish Cream and relax and reflect. Thank you all so much for being a part of my blog world and I've enjoyed being with you in yours. May 2011 bring much happiness, creativity, love and miracles your way!
Bless you all♥
Darla

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Darla! Your doll is sweet. I always love your art. I will have to look up that diet you mentioned to check it out. I hope your year is full of magic and blessings!
Tammy

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Darla!! I'm bringing in the New Year painting and getting a jump on creative team projects for 2011. I love your doll!!!

Jodi Ulschmid said...

Fun doll! I heard about the 100 car pile up. Goodness! This weather has been a bit crazy but I guess thats what we get for living in the Dakotas. Ha! Snow and wind have finally let up here... for a little bit anyway. Happy New Year!

JessiVille said...

Hi Darla, I love your doll! So cute. I'm ringing in the new year by working on a canvas this time instead of doing a journal spread. Our weather hasn't been much better here either! Happy New Year to you and yours...Jessica W.

Cathy Bueti said...

Happy New Darla!! Thanks for your sweet comment! So happy we met this year! Looking forward to seeing more of your art in 2011! Love this doll! Too cute!

Stay safe and warm!!

Hugs to you!

:)

Rona Gregory said...

Hi Darla, happy New year to you! Love the doll, so clever!

looking forward to 2011, hopefully a fun filled, creative and peaceful year for all of us. I have a good feeling about it, and thank you too for being part of our blogworld, it's nice to have you as a friend.

Ro xx

Michele Lynch Art said...

Happy New Year Darla! I love your doll!! I wish you much love, joy and success in 2011! xo Michele

Micki Wilde said...

Happy new year Darla, I hope you will be blessed with health, wealth and happiness this year!!

Hugs

Micki x

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

The doll is beautiful, but...if you continue to be sooo darned good at everything you do..I could be totally intimidated by you! LOL! {I already am in awe of your talent!} Good luck on the new eating plan - let us know how it's working for you ;-)

Happy ALL year, my friend :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Darla, you doll is so cute..why does she look like you? .. ♥

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you!

Keep warm.