Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A few special orders


These are 17 pound cement garden stones...12" in diameter and 2" thick. This is a garden scene with birdbath and two little birdies. Kind of hard to see, but they're there :)



The second is.....obviously not North Dakota. haha



Here are some of the slice black walnut ornaments I'm working on. I had to take pics at an angle because of the super fine glitter.

I have a canvas to finish, a lake home sign and 12 more ornaments and possibly 2 cream cans. I need to double check on those to see if they were Christmas gifts! ha I work best under pressure I guess.

When this all gets wrapped up, then I can play again! I have new oil paints and I'm dying to experiment with them. I almost returned them but decided.....NO!

Thanks for all your KIND comments on the polymer clay ornies. You're all way too sweet :)



10 comments:

Cathy Bueti said...

Darla all of this is so lovely! And I know what you mean about returning things! I bought some new art stuff and almost returned it cause I hadn't used it yet but then said "No!" lol

Excited for you to get going with your new oils! :)

Priti Lisa said...

You are too talented!!! Leave some for the rest of us ;D

Manon said...

So pretty, Darla!!
Have fun with your oil paints!!

Micki Wilde said...

I love seeing all the other work you do 'off canvas' these are wonderful and i'm sure they will be treasured for a long time!!

Micki x

Diane said...

Your are so creative and talented, to say the least!
P.S. I can't wait to see what you do with the oils!! (so I'm glad that you didn't take them back :)

Kelly Berkey said...

darla, you always exhaust me! where do you find all your energy? such great gifts and i can't wait to hear how you like your oils!
xo

Anonymous said...

Ooooh oils.... Kelly Berkey really made me want to try them...but they aren't free so am leaviung that idea for now! Cannot wait to see what you do!

Your pieces are so pretty!

Cindy said...

Hi Darla, it has been FOREVER since I have been blog hopping - I checked out your etsy shop again and I am just loving the color and depth in your backgrounds...I haven't tried oils...I think I have enough hobbies going, but one never knows! Love the orders...I have thought of doing stepping stones, but........... obviously procrastinating on that!

Serena Lewis said...

WOW...you have been busy! Lovely artwork, as always!

Kathryn Hansen said...

i really like your black walnut ornaments...very pretty!